High Plains Mounted Archers was founded and is led by Jen and David Mahoney. The club’s range and practice place is located 15 miles east of Brighton.
- Mounted Archery and ground archery instruction and guidance.
- No archery experience needed. Horse experience preferred. We do not teach riding.
- HPMA membership is free. Equipment rental is $5 per practice. We do not have horses to rent.
- Anyone who wants to shoot at our range must be a member of MA3 for insurance purposes. A single membership is $55 and a family membership is $75 for the year. This also allows you to ride and shoot at any MA3 affiliated club and participate in any MA3 competition, clinic, and demo.
- We offer rankings, postal matches, and will eventually host competitions.
Serena Lynn is our MA3 mentor. She is an international competitor and has previously placed in the Top Ten at the Grunwald Battle Competition in Poland and has competed at the World Horseback Archery Championships. Serena competes at various U.S. competitions and has earned three 1st places in the Qabaq course at three different competitions in 2016. She has competed in Hungary, France, and Korea as well as competing annually at the International Grunwald Battle Competition in Poland for the past three years. Serena has studied and competed with top national and international mounted archers.